206 N Main Street Galax, Va 24333
(276) 236-7134
Rural Development Loan Assistance

USDA Rural Development offers two types of loans for those with lower incomes that will enable them to purchase a home or repair their current home. Rooftop of Virginia CAP has certified loan packagers on staff that will assist with completing applications and help you get on your way to reaching your goal. 

For more information, please contact the Housing Department at (276) 236-7131, ext. 230.

Required for USDA /Rural Dev. 504 Home Repair Loan Application:
  • Verification of Identity (Photo ID, Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
  • Social Security cards for all members of household.    
  • Thirty days Proof of Income (Check Stubs, etc.)
  • Social Security Award Letter, current year
  •  Proof of Ownership – Deed or Title, or Proof of Lifetime Estate. Must live in and own home and must own the property it is on.   
  • Two months bank statements
  • Copy of last 2 Federal Income Tax Returns for each applicant (must include W2s, 1099, and all misc. forms)
  • Copy of most recent Real Estate Tax Bill from county / city
  • Written explanation for late payments, collections, judgements, or other derogatory items in credit history.
  • Proof of current Home Owner’s Insurance
  • Written Repair Bid / Estimate including description of repairs, material, and labor from a licensed Virginia contractor.  (Please do not pay for an estimate. We are unable to reimburse or pay this charge. You should be able to obtain a written estimation for free.)
  • Mortgage Statement (most recent copy), if applicable