Applications may be completed in the Intake Office located in the agency’s main location at 206 North Main Street in Galax, VA.
Contact Sandy Jones, Weatherization & IPR Manager, at (276) 236-7131, extension 228, or by email at email@example.com for more information. You may also contact Katie Leftwich, Housing Assistant, at extension 229.
Required for WX Application:
- Social Security cards for all members of household.
- Proof of income for everyone in home. Anyone over 18 with No Income MUST sign a notarized “No Income Form”. Social Security, SSI, Disability etc. must be proven with current year awards letter copy in file. Employment – At least one month of Check stubs, etc.
- Proof of Ownership – Deed or Title. If the owner does not live in the household, they must sign Homeowner Agreement / Co-owner forms, application, etc.
- Document showing year house was built. For a mobile home, this will be on your title. (If you can not find the year, ask us – Rooftop can sometimes access / print this information from online)
- Recent AEP Electric bill from address of home on application – Both pages required.
- Usage amounts of any other fuel used for heating home (oil, propane, wood.) If client is unable to obtain proof from supplier, they may fill out a self-certification usage form (Ex – wood.)
- APCO Form filled in and signed by client (and Landlord/Owner if applicable)