This program offers low-income homeowners the opportunity to have their homes become more energy efficient.
Applications may be completed in the Intake Office located in the agency’s main location at 206 North Main Street in Galax, VA.
Contact Sandy Jones, Weatherization & IPR Manager, at (276) 236-7131, extension 228, or by email at email@example.com for more information. You may also contact Katie Leftwich, Housing Assistant, at extension 229.
Required for WX Application:
- Social Security cards for all members of household.
- Proof of income for everyone in home. Anyone over 18 with No Income MUST sign a notarized “No Income Form”. Social Security, SSI, Disability etc. must be proven with current year awards letter copy in file. Employment – At least one month of Check stubs, etc.
- Proof of Ownership – Deed or Title. If the owner does not live in the household, they must sign Homeowner Agreement / Co-owner forms, application, etc.
- Document showing year house was built. For a mobile home, this will be on your title. (If you can not find the year, ask us – Rooftop can sometimes access / print this information from online)
- Recent AEP Electric bill from address of home on application – Both pages required.
- Usage amounts of any other fuel used for heating home (oil, propane, wood.) If client is unable to obtain proof from supplier, they may fill out a self-certification usage form (Ex – wood.)
- APCO Form filled in and signed by client (and Landlord/Owner if applicable)